1. To co-opt non-voting members who are deemed to be able to make a contribution to local issues affecting community safety.
2. To make recommendations to the Policy and Finance Committee relating to the use of Council funds for activities and initiatives that will enhance community safety within the Parish.
3. To receive reports from Bedfordshire Police on local operational matters with specific reference to the work of Safer Neighbourhood Teams.
4. To receive reports on the work of officers participating in Operation Dodford and to make recommendations to the Policyand Finance Committee on the financing and work of that initiative.
5. To support schemes such as Neighbourhood Watch, Home Watch, Street Watch and Speed Watch within the Parish.
6. To have oversight of the Town Council’s contribution to the work of Central Bedfordshire’s Community Safety Partnership.
Support officer: Committee Officer, tel 01525 631920, email: email@example.com.