RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that no objection be made to application reference CB/22/04212 (29 Wing Road), subject to the planning authority being satisfied that there would be no unacceptable overlooking due to the proposed roof height and that a condition be included such that the annexe could only be used as ancillary to the main dwelling.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that no objection be made to application reference CB/22/03771 (66 Gibson Drive) subject to the planning authority being satisfied that parking standards would be met, given the lack of on-street parking in this location.
Discussion took place regarding application CB/22/04253/TD (opposite 1 Bunkers Lane, Linslade). The Committee felt that the reduction in height from 18m to 15m and the more slender design of mast did not mitigate the objections raised previously. Although the applicant had stated they felt their resubmission “robustly addressed” previous grounds for objection, the Committee did not agree that no other possible sites could be identified and felt strongly that the historic character of the Southcott Village conservation area should be preserved, along with the views from that approach to the town which dated back to Saxon times. In addition, it was understood that the planning officer had already advised that the proposed measures would not be sufficient to mitigate objections to the proposal.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that objection be made to application reference CB/22/04253/TD (opposite 1 Bunkers Lane, Linslade) on the following grounds:
- Location within the Southcott Village historic conservation area
- Visually intrusive and dominant in the street scene, without any camouflage to mitigate impact its impact on the rural character of the setting
- Contrary to policies HQ1, HE3 and HQ5 of the Central Bedfordshire Local Plan
Discussion took place regarding application reference CB/22/04278 (Chamberlains Barn Quarry). It was believed that the proposed ground-source heat network would serve the new residents on Chamberlains Barn and that a series of boreholes and pipework would be underground. The Committee had previously questioned whether this would affect any kind of planting/growing regime but this was still unclear.
RESOLVED to advise Central Bedfordshire Council that the Town Council did not feel qualified to give an opinion on application reference CB/22/04278, but would seek reassurance that the future maintenance of the ground-source heat network would not adversely impact on the access to and enjoyment of the country park.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that no objection be made to the following planning applications:
1. CB/22/04224 5 DUDLEY STREET
2. CB/22/04259 97 CHURCHILL ROAD
3. CB/22/03865/MW STONE LANE QUARRY WOBURN ROAD
4. CB/22/04293 2 PHOENIX CLOSE
5. CB/22/04304 91 LIDDELL WAY
6. CB/22/04357 84 WILLOW BANK WALK
7. CB/22/04355 34 BILLINGTON ROAD
8. CB/22/04377 9 BROOK STREET
9. CB/22/04393 6 CHILTERN GARDENS
10. CB/22/04300 GRUNDFOS PUMPS GROVEBURY ROAD
11. CB/22/04434 52 ALMOND ROAD
1. CB/TRE/22/00598 THE GLOBE INN
2. CB/TRE/22/00580 32 REDWOOD GLADE