(a) The Committee considered planning applications received up until 1 June 2022.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that no objection be made to application reference CB/22/01628 (77 Himley Green), but the Town Council would place on record its reservations about proposed parking arrangements given the size and gradient of the site as well as its close proximity to a busy junction.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that no objection be made to application reference CB/22/01944 (82 Derwent Road, Linslade), subject to parking standards being met.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that no objection be made to application reference CB/22/01702 (25 Springfield Road), but the Town Council would place on record its concerns regarding lack of available on-street car parking and existing parking issues at this location.
It was noted that application CB/22/01610 (15 North Street) had been withdrawn.
The Committee discussed application reference CB/22/01491 (land rear of 72 North Street and 2 Bedford Street). Whilst keen to see improvements to the site, it was felt that the application represented overdevelopment and that it appeared that no affordable housing was included in the proposal. Further concerns included access to the site during the build process, lack of sufficient car and cycle parking, foul water supply and risk of surface water flooding and whether minimum space requirements for the proposed dwellings were being met.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that objection be made to application reference CB/22/01491 (land rear of 72 North Street and 2 Bedford Street) on the following grounds:
- Overdevelopment of the site and concerns that minimum habitable space requirements may not be met
- Lack of provision of affordable housing
- Potential risk of surface water flooding
- Potential issues with lack of foul water capacity
- Concerns regarding proposed access and egress, particularly during the build process
- Whilst noting the town centre location, concerns regarding adequacy of car parking due to the surrounding residents parking zone, as well as insufficient cycle parking
Should Central Bedfordshire Council be minded to approve the application, the Town Council would be keen to see S106 funds agreed towards the provision of town centre community facilities as well as community health, policing and cycling requirements. The Town Council would also request a condition ensuring no adverse impact on neighbouring established uses.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that no objection be made to the following planning applications:
1. CB/22/01694 65 CARINA DRIVE
2. CB/22/01724 52 SOUTHCOURT AVENUE,
3. CB/22/01793 303 HEATH ROAD
4. CB/22/01799 46 ASHWELL STREET
5. CB/22/01810 106 BIDEFORD GREEN, LINSLADE
6. CB/22/01697 49 GARDEN HEDGE
7. CB/22/01976 179 COTEFIELD DRIVE
8. CB/22/01689 33 THE PADDOCKS, LINSLADE
9. CB/21/04923 84 WILLOW BANK WALK
10.CB/22/01981 19 GARDEN HEDGE
11.CB/22/01941/RM CLIPSTONE PARK, LAND SOUTH OF VANDYKE ROAD AND NORTH OF STANBRIDGE ROAD
12.CB/22/01725 12 BEDFORD STREET
13.CB/22/01182 2 GEMINI CLOSE
14.CB/22/01024 LEIGHTON MIDDLE SCHOOL,
15.CB/22/01880 26 CAMBERTON ROAD, LINSLADE
16.CB/22/01823 21 CHARTMOOR ROAD
17. CB/22/01954/VOC 14 MARDLE ROAD, LINSLADE
18.CB/22/01376/VOC 114 CLARENCE ROAD
19.CB/TRE/22/00260 VERGE OUTSIDE 3 REDWOOD GLADE