(b) To receive and note an updated tracking list of planning application outcomes, for applications to which the Committee has recommended objection (attached).
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council objection to applications CB/21/03711 & CB/21/03712/LB (46 THE HIGH STREET) on the following grounds:
- No car parking and insufficient cycle parking
- Lack of amenity space for residents
- Concern regarding the reference to potentially not meeting space standards
- Concern regarding lack of vehicular access for contractors, deliveries, waste collection vehicles and emergency vehicles
- Concern regarding noise and odour from pre-existing neighbouring business premises and that businesses not be adversely affected by complaints from incoming residents.
Should Central Bedfordshire Council be minded to approve the application, the town council would seek a condition that the granting of this permission would not prejudice any future regeneration/development to be proposed on the land known as land south of the High Street.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council objection to planning application reference CB/21/03798 (11 MILES AVENUE) on the grounds of loss of car parking meaning parking standards would not be met. Should Central Bedfordshire Council be minded to approve the application, the town council would seek a condition preventing use of the flat roof section of the extension for any purpose other than maintenance.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that no objection be made to application reference CB/21/03898 (11 MELFORT DRIVE), subject to parking standards being met, particularly given the location of the property on a junction.
Committee reviewed three applications pertaining to the eastern urban extension but agreed it was extremely difficult to comment on piecemeal applications without sufficient understanding of the bigger picture. A number of comments were made, in particular in relation to application reference CB/17/05971/OUT (land at Northern Chamberlains Barn), but it was hoped that full comment could be deferred until 4 October 2021 when the Planning and Transport Committee would next meet.
RESOLVED to defer comment on applications CB/17/06062 (LAND AT NORTHERN CHAMBERLAINS BARN BETWEEN SHENLEY ROAD AND HEATH ROAD), CB/21/03850/RM (PHASE THREE CLIPSTONE PARK) and CB/17/05971/OUT ( LAND AT NORTHERN CHAMBERLAINS BARN), subject to consent from Central Bedfordshire Council that town council comment could wait until 4 October 2021 and that if this was not the case, the Town Clerk was delegated authority to submit comments based on the discussion which had taken place.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council objection to application reference CB/21/03819 (214 Grasmere Way) on the grounds of inadequate car parking and objection to the proposal to enclose amenity land, which would adversely affect the character and appearance of the street scene.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that no objection be made to the following applications:
1. CB/21/03675 TELEPHONE EXCHANGE,
2. CB/21/03752 10 FYNE DRIVE, LINSLADE
3. CB/20/02885 7 HARCOURT CLOSE
4. CB/21/03764 15 GARDEN LEYS
5. CB/21/02981 11 MILLBANK
6. CB/21/00702 57 PALMER CRESCENT
7. CB/21/03783 35 STOKE ROAD
8. CB/21/03809 79 CAMBERTON ROAD
9. CB/21/03799 116 HEATH ROAD
10. CB/21/03841 ARDEN HOUSE WEST STREET
11. CB/21/03826 9 BLENHEIM ROAD
12. CB/21/03640 46 ROTHSCHILD ROAD
13. CB/21/03922 55 TAYLORS RIDE