Venue: Council Chamber, The White House, Hockliffe Street, Leighton Buzzard, LU7 1HD
Contact: Committee Officer 01525 631920 & Email: email@example.com
APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE
Schedule 12 of the Local Government Act 1972 requires a record be kept of the Members present and that this record form part of the minutes of the meeting. Members who cannot attend a meeting should tender apologies to the Town Clerk.
Apologies for absence were received from Councillor J Davies (substituted by Councillor T Morris).
DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST
(i) Under the Localism Act 2011 (sections 26-37 and Schedule 4) and in accordance with the Council’s Code of Conduct, Members are required to declare any interests which are not currently entered in the Member’s Register of Interests or if he/she has not notified the Monitoring Officer of it.
(ii) Should any Member have a Disclosable Pecuniary Interest in an item on the agenda, the Member may not participate in consideration of that item unless a Dispensation has first been requested (in writing) and granted by the Council (see Dispensation Procedure).
Members were asked to declare any interests, including the nature of those interests, which they had in any of the items under consideration at this meeting. No declarations were made and no dispensations had been requested.
QUESTIONS FROM THE PUBLIC (3 minutes per person; maximum 15 minutes)
To receive questions and statements from members of the public in respect of any item of business included in the agenda, as provided for in Standing Order Nos 1(f) and 1(h).
There were no questions or statements from members of the public.
To receive and approve as a correct record the minutes of the Planning & Transport Committee meeting held on 12 December 2018.
The Committee received the minutes of the Planning and Transport Committee meeting held on 12 December 2018.
Minute reference 426/P: it was noted that a 20mph scheme was planned for Bideford Green from September 2019 but that further consultation would take place with residents.
RESOLVED that the minutes of the Planning and Transport Committee meeting held 12 December 2018 be approved as a correct record and were signed accordingly.
To consider Planning Applications received (attached). An updated list will be issued on Friday 4 January 2019 (if applicable).
The Committee reviewed applications received up until 4 January 2019.
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that objection be made to application reference CB/18/04493 (12 Wellington Way) on the following grounds:
- That the loss of green landscaping would be detrimental to the visual amenity and character of the area and contrary to original planning consent
- That conversion of green landscaping to car parking could lead to drainage issues and the loss of an established tree
- The proximity of a lamp column to the area of green landscaping would make it impractical for vehicles to safely drive on and off
RESOLVED to recommend to Central Bedfordshire Council that no objection be made to the following planning applications:
1. CB/18/04025/VOC 65 MILL ROAD
2. CB/18/04506 9 TALL PINES, PLANTATION ROAD
3. CB/18/04162 49 GOLDEN RIDDY, LINSLADE
4. CB/1804319 17a HEATH PARK DRIVE
5. CB/18/04412 30 THE MALTINGS
6. CB/18/04110 LINSLADE MIDDLE SCHOOL, MENTMORE
7. CB/18/04395 5 TAYLORS RIDE
8. CB/18/04520 8 MILES AVENUE
9. CB/18/04614 MEDWAY, HILSIDE ROAD
10. CB/18/04585 SILVERWOOD, 192 HEATH ROAD
11. CB/18/04577/LDCE 79A BROOKLANDS DRIVE
12. CB/18/04755 149 MARLEY FIELDS
13. CB/18/04374 CLIPSTONE BROOK LOWER SCHOOL
14. CB/18/04630 32 WATERLOO ROAD, LINSLADE
RESOLVED to note the following works to trees:
1. CB/TRE/18/00499 LAND BETWEEN 8 AND 9 AVON WALK
(a) To consider making an application to the Central Bedfordshire Rural Match Fund (information attached)
(b) To consider any other matters relating to highways/transport (if appropriate)
The Committee received information from Central Bedfordshire Council in respect of the Rural Match Fund for highways schemes. It was agreed to seek ideas from all elected Members of the Council.
RESOLVED to discuss potential ideas for a submission further at the next meeting.
To receive and consider any items of information received.
No information items had been received.